Thursday, April 30, 2009
1. Sergio Rossi Fringed Strappy Shoes - $960
2. Rachel Gilbert Peaches Fringed Silk Dress- $575
3. Christian Louboutin Deva 120 suede fringed boots - $1095
4. Alexander McQueen Leather Woven Wishbone Shopper- $6380
5. Alexander McQueen Ombre fringed dress- $9095
All are available on net-a-porter.com.
This is dedicated to all the shopaholic fashionistas making it through the recession!
A Compulsive Shopper’s Market
When times are tough, the tough watch their wallet. But what if you are addicted to shopping?By Cheryl Lu-Lien Tan | April 27, 2009
New Yorker Jenny knows she buys excessively—the 29-year-old marketing manager goes shopping at least four times a week, picking up goods like a jacket or a handbag each time, all of which are items she acknowledges she usually doesn't need.
"There are many pieces of clothing I buy that I never wear," she says. "I have 50 bags, four trench coats—I have so many of the same thing, and I don't stop myself from buying something just because I have it. When I see something I really like, I start stressing out that I want it so much, and if I don't buy it then, then I can't have it."
You would think that given the dire state of the economy, the prevailing job uncertainties, and the prevalent credit card debt that shoppers like Jenny might be cutting back. But that's not necessarily the case: Jenny says she finds herself spending more, not less, given the number of sales that retailers are having to encourage purchases. In this economy, buying a blouse or a pair of shoes as a quick pick-me-up is the retail therapy she sometimes seeks. Jenny estimates that she now spends about $1,000 a month on her shopping hobby, compared with the monthly average of $600 last summer.
A 2006 study by Stanford University showed that 5.8 percent of adults have compulsive-shopping tendencies like Jenny's. The study, compiled after researchers conducted a national phone survey of 2,513 adults, showed that many compulsive buyers had credit cards that were within a few hundred dollars of the credit limit and that they were more than four times as likely as other respondents to make only the minimum payment on credit card balances. Compulsive shoppers buy items that are both high- and low-end. The point is to make a purchase, which offers a temporary, euphoric rush.
Lorrin Koran, the Stanford emeritus professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences who compiled the study, says compulsive shoppers make purchases for the same reasons that compulsive gamblers gamble, for instance. "People do it to get away from negative feelings in life—anxiety, depression, boredom," he says. "By going out and shopping, it's usually rewarding in that moment, but it wears off very rapidly, sometimes within minutes or an hour. And after they've done it and they're back in their home, that's when they regret it, they feel sad, and they want to do it again."
In this recession, however, some shoppers have cut back on spending. Khajak Keledjian, chief executive officer of the Intermix boutique chain, says he's noticed that while some of his regular shoppers are coming in more often, they're not buying as much as they used to and are spending about 15 percent to 20 percent less on average. C. Britt Beemer, founder of America's Research Group, a consumer behavior research and strategic marketing firm in Charleston, S.C., says that 7 percent to 11 percent of shoppers he now surveys across the country say they are compulsive shoppers who "feel they need to buy something virtually every day of the week." Five years ago, "the number was closer to 18 percent to 22 percent," he says, noting that 23 percent of women he surveyed this year said they "shop as retail therapy," compared with the 48 percent of women who said they did so five years ago. "It's the economy; it's their finances—their credit card bills got to be too high."
For women who find themselves living beyond their means because they're unable to control their shopping, Koran suggests seeing a doctor to inquire about impulse-control medication or the old-fashioned method of cutting up credit cards. Another method he has found effective: keeping a shopping journal. "You can log how you felt before you were shopping, while you were shopping, how you felt when you finished shopping, and how much you spent," he says. "Self monitoring can help."http://www.elle.com/Fashion/Fashion-Spotlight/A-Compulsive-Shopper-s-Market
Friday, April 24, 2009
This is the rest of the top ten:
2. Megan Fox (Hot but can look tranny sometimes)
3. Jessica Alba (gorgeoussss)
4. Britney Spears (ummm, why is she on the top 10?)
5. Keeley Hazell
6. Adriana Lima
7. Elisha Cuthbert
8. Kristin Kreuk
9. Anna Friel
10. Freida Pinto (I think she is absolutely beauuutifulll !!)
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
I absolutely love this Fendi bag! Everything about it is appealing to me! I'm a big-bag kind of person because i carry everything in it, so the size of this one is perfect! I can even carry books in it. I've seen the bag online, but it didnt look exactly the same. It was not crocadile skin, or whatever this is. I want this particular one, the one mary kate / ashley is carrying ! But since it is vintage, I guess shes the only one that has it. Or one of the few that do!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
from the lovely structure to the rich color it is flawless! It is chic and spacious that allows it to be used as an everyday bag. Use it while you are dressed up or dressed down, either way you will turn heads and everyone will notice your arm candy!
Chloe Shelby Structured Tote in Red, retailing for $2,175.
Available on Nordstrom.
Monday, April 20, 2009
At first, I was not a fan but they are growing on me now. I'm starting to like them since i see them in every fashion magazine and i read about them in every blog. It's an 'Ultramodern number' as stated in harper's bazaar.
what do you think?
yay or nay?
my favorites are the ones with the big 7jab thing..i call it the brain, i really hate this new trend with the hijabis! its not too bad if the thing, i don't even know what its called, is small.. but when its HUGE that you cant even freely move its a problem! It keeps getting bigger and bigger by the day! there has to be an end to it or a limit to how big the 'brain' should be!
I also love the one with the day after the wedding.. it makes me think of this girl i know! she always has layers and layers of make up on and i just cant help but wonder what she looks like in real life, without all of it. im not the type of person that applies make up everyday, the only thing i use everyday is mascara and lipstick, not even foundation! so its all natural -- thats the way to go!
the one with about the big sunglasses is funny too, but i must say ... im a fan of BIG sunglasses! the bigger the better, but only to a certain extent :p
for more cartoons by adel al galaf check out his blog: http://adel1983.blogspot.com
Monday, April 13, 2009
1. Last beverage : Watermelon juice!
2. Last phone call: My mom
3. Last instant message: 'byeee!' from my sister
4. Last song you listened to: im yours- jason mraz
5. Last time you cried: I cant remember, its been a while, and by a while a mean a couple of weeks
6. Last text message : 'hahahah love you' from a dear friend
LIST THREE FAVORITE COLORS:
THIS MONTH HAVE YOU:
15. Made a new friend : No
16. Fallen out of love : Im not in love to fall out of it
17. Laughed until you cried : Unfortunatly no :(
18. Met someone who changed your life: No
19. Found out who your true friends were : I figured this out a while back!
20. Found out someone was talking about you : No
21. Have you kissed anyone on your Facebook friends list: Haha this is so stupid, yes i guess ;p
22. How many people on your Facebook friends list do you know in real life: All
23. How many kids do you want to have: as many as i can! i love kids!
24. Do you have any pets: No, i dont like animals!
25. Do you want to change your name: No i like my name
26. What did you get for your last birthday: wallet ;p
27. What time did you wake up today : 12.00 pm
28. What were you doing at midnight last night: webcam-ing my sister
29. Name something you CANNOT wait for: finishing this semester! and summer!
30. Last time you saw your father: Last night before he went to bed
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life: Cant think of anything, i pretty much like my life the way it is
32. What are you listening to right now: Nothing
33. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom: haha this is so weird!! i cant think of any Toms, ive talked to a tim! he was my teacher in the 9th grade ;p
34. Who’s getting on your nerves right now: one of the girls i know in uni
35. Most visited webpage: gmail, google, facebook,blogspot
36: what’s your real name: i dont want to answer this ;p
37. Nicknames : haha i dont want to answer this either
38. Status: single
39. Zodiac sign: Leo
40. Male or female: Female
44. University: NYIT
45. Hair color : Brown
46. Long or short : medium length
47. Are you a health freak: Not at all
48. Height: i dont know:s
49. Do you have a crush on someone: right now no, but i always have crushes on people, maybe by the end of the day i would ;p
50: What do you like about yourself: im so nice ;p
51. What don’t you like about yourself : im shy sometimes
52. Righty or lefty: Righty
53. First surgery: never had surgery il7imdila
54. First piercing: Ears
55. Your first best friend: this girl called fatima, it was in the 2nd grade. were not really friends now
56. First award: wow i cant remember, nothing thats too important i guess ;p
57. First sport you joined : basketball team in middle school
58. First pet: a bird
59. First vacation: maybe london, idk i was too young to remember
60. First concert: i havent been to any concert yet.. oh wait! i saw akon when he came for the formula one last year! i dont know if that counts
61. First crush: one of my friends, his name is faisal. it was in primary school!
WHAT ARE YOU?
62. Eating : nothing
63. Drinking: nothing
64. I’m about to: go shower
65. Listening to: nothing
66. Waiting for: lunch time, im hungry!
YOUR FUTURE :
67. Want kids : yes! many!
68. Want to get married : i hope so
69. Careers in mind: i dont know, anything ;p i dont mind staying at home and sleeping all day either ;p
WHICH IS BETTER WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX?
70. Lips or eyes: confusing! both!
71. Hugs or kisses: Hugs
72. Romantic or spontaneous: romantic, but also spontaneous
73. Nice stomach or nice arms: ummm stomach, but having nice arms too wouldnt hurt ;p
74. Sensitive or loud: loud
75. Hook-up or relationship: relationship ofcourse
76. Trouble maker or hesitant: troublemaker
77. Lefty or Righty: it doesnt matter, either one
78. Shorter or taller: the taller the better
79. Older or Younger: older, duh ;p
HAVE YOU EVER :
80. Lost glasses/contacts: yeah i just lost my glasses so im wearing contacts all the time now until i get new ones
81. Ran away from home: lol yeah but i came back an hour or two later lol
82. kissed a stranger: no
83. Drank Pepsi: yes
84. Broken someone’s heart: umm i dont know i dont think i did ;p
85. Been arrested : lol no
86. Turned someone down: yes
87. Cried when someone died : yes i cry whenever someone dies, its so sad! i hate death its my biggest fear!
88. Liked a guy/girl friend?: yes
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
89. Yourself: yes
90. Miracles: yes
91. Love at first sight: not love, lust!
92. Heaven : yes
93. Santa Claus: no
94. Kiss on the first date : haha i havent been on a date yet ;p
95. Angels : yes
ANSWER TRUTHFULLY :
96. Are you happy with your life: most of the time yes
97. Is there one person you want to be with right now: no i want to be with too many people
98. Had more than one boyfriend/girlfriend at one time: no
99. Do you believe in God : yes
100. Posting this as 100 Truths? um no
Friday, April 3, 2009
keep the rest of the make up simple with natural lips and blush
it gives appearance of make up that is not too girly
it is definitely a statement
soft smoky eye
still dramatic but with softer colors
strong defined eyebrows made their way back this spring.. if youre eyebrows are uneven fill them with brow pencil
sparkling head pieces or leather bands, they are used as a statement and to cotrol your hair when ur having a bad hair day
-Dolce & Gabanna
ponytails and knots
they maybe look undone but still effortlessly chic
french up-dos make you look chic, but make sure that your hair is polished and shiny!
-Yves Saint Laurent
source: Harper's Bazaar